Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What November?

Okay, I totally get the award for the biggest slacker in November. I can't say that I was sewing the world's cutest pajamas for my kids Christmas, or that I had hand fed and raised our turkeys for Thanksgiving and was busy baking the bread for the stuffing, or even cleaning my house like a maniac for the holidays. Nothing like that was happening though I was at the computer every chance I could and I will admit that Brandon and I have become terribly terribly addicted to SPIDER SOLITAIRE!! (it is the other free game on your computer, next to free cell and solitaire) I am sure that this has become the addiction of 2008. You may remember the past addictions...
2007 food
2006 coke a cola
2005 food
2004 food
2003 food
2002 coke a cola
2001 food...you get the idea.
While I haven't broken the cycle on the past addictions, I am getting dare I say better at SS (code for spider solitaire while the kids are at home) and am sure I can quite anytime, just look at me record with the past addictions! My top score is 119. My average is @ 128 and yes, we do keep a paper and pen next to the computer to record our scores. I know those do not sound like impressive numbers but give it a whirl. You have to set it on medium level and then just sit back and forget all your worries, unless you totally suck at the game then I suggest you set it on easy.
When we weren't playing the game we were having a great November. We had a fabulous fabulous Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunts house, I made the best yams in the entire world thanks to my friend M! We got all of the Christmas decorations put up, I managed to go out with my sisters on Black Friday and because I wasn't shopping for anything in particular I was designated driver so the sisters that had shopped could look at all their "loot" while I drove us onto the next store. GOOD TIMES!
While I am sure I am the only blogger that hasn't seen the twilight movie yet, I did get a picture of a vampire...



We dressed the Prince up for my sisters Halloween party and I can announce that he won best costume and bushiest eyebrows awards. Here is another picture 1 month late: the kids Halloween picture before trick or treating... So from this day forward, I will make a solid vow not to take 1 month off of blogging again. maybe 3 1/2 weeks, but not 1 month.

5 comments:

Emily said...

You better not take a month off again! I missed you too much! Spider solitaire is addicting but I know you can kick it, Doreen.

Natilie said...

Glad you are back. Good to see you on Black Friday.

Whitney said...

I think your blog hiatus is contagious. I've been hiding from the bloggersphere too.

Isaac Family said...

That pic of Brody is too funny! We love SS too and have gone through addicting spurts. I'm gonna try to beat your scores now!!! I'll keep you posted.

Kent and Heidi said...

It's about time Sister! I Love reading your blog and I'm so glad to have you back.