Friday, September 5, 2008

I am NOT a loser!


Today was such a great day! I WON! I REALLY WON! It wasn't some rigged winning like in the past. Brandon didn't have to pay anyone money to call my # in a bingo game, he didn't have to let the judges know ahead of time that I needed to win something or I may break one of their necks, he didn't have to tell my Bunco group I had better win or I was going to be bringing my kids, nothing like that. I won fair and square! Although it wasn't Wheel of Fortune (my lifelong goal) it was a very close 2nd.

My friend Amy has a blog all about healthy Super healthy kids check it out. It is all about preparing and serving healthy snacks and getting your kids to eat better. She had a drawing and I won. I won a box of pistachios. The Everybody's Nuts California pistachios. I know it wasn't a car, or $25,000 in some bonus round or a stuffed animal from the carnival, but this was just a big.

Her blog has been pretty eye opening for me. Like for instance, I didn't realize that serving your kids a bowl of Doritos and a glass of milk for breakfast was so bad. I always passed it off as a kind of "Doritos Cereal" not yet invented, or that if you are going to make your kids oatmeal it is probably not a good idea to put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in as a substitute for milk (when we are out of milk, try it. DELICIOUS!) and so many more things that I was doing, not really wrong, just not really right in the preparing healthy food area.

So to you Amy I say thanks. I am super excited to savor the pistachios and to you reading this, check out Amy's blog and also check out her plate. She has been on Channel 5's Studio Five and Big Idea with Donny Duetsch, and also was a feature in the Utah Valley Magazine.
All I can say is that I have been feeling like a winner all day thanks to Amy, and I have been waiting by the phone for Pat Sajak to call. I'll keep you posted.
***COUNTDOWN TO FREAKIEST WEDDING INVITE OF THE SUMMER 3 DAYS!***

5 comments:

Isaac Family said...

Congrats! So glad Amy made you feel so special. Let us all know how the pistachios are.... Also, I'm really intrigued about this wedding announcement. Fun!

Liz said...

Congrats on the win! Although I am totally envious :)

Emily said...

Hey, I wanted to win those nuts! I hope you don't choke on 'em...

I will seriously try that vanilla ice cream on oatmeal idea. (Of course I'll use fat-free, sugar-free, frozen yogurt and only add a tiny little scoop)

P.S. I think your cheese (Doritos) cereal is so original; you really should try to market it to Kelloggs.

Kim said...

I love pistachios. Just watch out at potty time (at least, so says Josh. Apparently they make for some eventful moments.

Either way, congrats on the win.

Anonymous said...

Doreen - Congrats on the nuts...funny, she "choose" you to win the nuts... Perhaps she thought it was the perfect gift for you...hmmm...nuts. Anyway, why don't you have a drawing for a fabulous prize? Say a bowl of Breakfast Doritios or a Breakfast Ice Cream Scooper or a Hands on Fun ball or a Home Hair Removal Kit??