Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father knows best


I would like to dedicate this blog to my dad. I couldn't find a card that said exactly what I wanted to say so I wrote this myself:

To my Dad on Fathers Day...

You always tell great jokes.

You like eggs with runny yolks.

Dad, I always need your advice.

Especially when you told me how to get rid of mice.

Dad, you got me hooked on coke

And my dentist knows that's no joke

You taught me how to shovel cow pooh

Dad I really love you!

Love Your favorite daughter Doreen.




I was thinking about all of the great advice he has given me and all of the great things he has taught me and I want to share it with you today. This is in no order of importance, just advice and great things dad has taught me.


"CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCH" (while teaching me to drive a stick shift)
You always have 2 choices "YOU CAN EITHER SHI* OR GO BLIND" (I have not gone blind yet.)
A BIRD IN THE HAND IS WORTH 10 IN THE BUSH
YOU DON'T WORK, YOU DON'T EAT.
YOU START WALKING HOME FROM SCHOOL (3 MILES) AND I WILL COME PICK YOU UP...(40 YARDS FROM THE DRIVEWAY.)
Dad, you taught me how to stack firewood (I challenge anyone to a stack off, this fall my house)
You taught me how load the truck and trailer with firewood, drink pop till my guts hurt and then how to shoot the pop cans with your gun all in one day! And, call it a vacation (Priceless)
You told me: "school dances weren't all that great, come home and pick peaches"
It is easier Not to pick the tops off of weeds while weeding
A Bushel of apples is @45lbs.
If you are selling apples in a blizzard in Kamas to a house that has a "no soliciting" sign, knock anyway, everyone LOVES apples. (they don't FYI)
If you drive the tractor into the barn, Watch what you are doing next time.
To always keep a list of everything you need to get done. (check out the picture...list is in pocket)
That Leno is funnier than Letterman.
Coasting while driving may not save gas, but it will give everyone a fun game to play...How far can we coast?
3 words..."Island or Peninsula" (deercreek resevoir) Dad, it's a peninsula as of Sunday 6/15/08 save you the trip.
The song "we are Marching to Pretoria" my kids think I am totally crazy when I suggest singing that in the car.
Dad, you taught me to whistle, and boy can I whistle, again, if you are in the mood for a whitsling match, I am in the phone book, don't hesitate.
Always Make hay while the sun is shining, But pick apples till dark.

last but not least you taught me that family is important and that getting together on Sunday night is the best part of my week. Thank You dad, I Love you. Love your little Beans, Doreen.








4 comments:

Isaac Family said...

How sweet- the pic of you and your dad is cute! It was good to see you today!

Emily said...

Cute, doreen. I found a card almost like that but it didn't have anything about eggs, mice, or coke. Too bad, because nothing says I Love You like knowing how they like their eggs.

Whitney said...

Cute post Doreen. Love the picture too.

Moto X Mama said...

Reading this mad me cry, I don't know why, it just did! Your the best sister and we have the Best/Craziest Dad Ever (I blame the crazy part on Dad).