Friday, June 13, 2008

Doreen Doreen Doreen


It's official I have a stalker. You will not believe me, but it is Tori Spelling. How do I know? Well guess who just named her baby after me? Yea, I was a little shocked myself to learn that Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott named their sweet baby girl Stella Doreen. I thought it was a nice gesture seeming how I touched her spirit in someway through my blog. Brandon is not so sure and wants me to stop calling them to wish them good luck with little Doreen. (unsuccessful by the way, but an LA County police officer has returned my calls telling me to quite calling them, I found it weird that Tori has a police officer returning her calls.) I am sure that Tori is trying to bring the name Doreen back just like Justin Timberlake has brought sexy back, where was sexy anyway? I may just live in a small town but I really didn't think that sexy had gone anywhere. Regardless Justin brought it back and made a great song doing it.

All in all if you are expecting a baby or know someone that is, you should encourage them to give the name Doreen a try. It has worked great for me. Sure I can not find pencils or a cute glitter sticker set with my name on it but the name Doreen is timeless. Timeless in the sense that I have never (until Tori Spellings baby) met a Doreen younger than me. There is a Doreen at the discount bread store, and a lady that comes to my sno shack that has a Great Aunt named Doreen, but no young Doreen's. WE ARE A DYING BREED. So to Tori I say thanks, thanks for bringing Doreen back and we will try to stay sexy for you to Justin Timberlake.

5 comments:

Kent and Heidi said...

Kodos to you Doreen! I know the feeling. I love my name, but people always spell it wrong "Hydie" "Hidi" or my favorite "Hide". Honestly people!
Doreen will become the new Emma or Adien. Just you wait and see!

Amy said...

The fun thing about my name, is when I meet another Amy, I automatically know how old she is. They all were born the same year as me. I had about 5 or 6 in my grade school classes every year.

Liz said...

I would use the name Doreen but my mom made me promise to use a name that she find on key chains and pencils and stuff. Darn!

Emily said...

Girl, you crack me up. My next baby, a Doreen for sure. I'm all over it. Don't tell Brian. I'll probably have a code name for her like katie or something but me and you will both know she's really Doreen.

Norma said...

I think "Doreen" is a hip, new age name...