Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Prince goes to college

Guess who went to college, the Prince, and guess what, THEY CALLED AND ASKED (I like to think begged) him to come. BYU is doing a study on world's cutest baby and they called us first. Just kidding, it is a test on visual and audio waves or something in babies brains that may rhyme with audio and visual, (there was a lot of shiny things in the little lab and I could not concentrate on what they were saying) I did get a copy of the consent form though.
It was so funny, there were 4 college students 3 guys and a girl and of course they did not have kids or had obviously been around a lot of kids because every little sound he made at least 2 of them would say, "it's ok" or "shush shush shush" I was like...come on this isn't even crying. I really wanted to see if they did babysitting, a babysitter that concerned is totally worth $2.50 an hour. The Prince did really good, he just sat there while they put an electrode hat thing on...see picture and then he had to watch a 3 minute movie. I was a little bummed it wasn't Sex and The City, Brandon would never see that with me and I was hoping this was my chance. No such luck, it was a movie with a blue dot and sometimes the sound of a beep. (pretty boring) and then every 30 seconds or so a duck would come on the screen and quack to get the babies attention. (I think that if there was a duck every 2 minutes or so in sacrament I would stay more focused myself.)
The entire test took from start to finish 10 minutes. The Prince was really good and after he received a 4 year full ride scholarship to BYU because he had so many brain activities (my boy or what?) No, he really only got this picture and a certificate saying thanks BLAH BLAH BLAH. Brandon and I have high hopes for the prince. BYU is not a requirement, but it would make us proud and poor.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Too bad about the blue dot movie, Doreen. Maybe it was early advertising for BYU.

I can get Megan to quack at you during church if you want?

Great picture!

Whitney said...

Cool, yet the hat is a little disturbing. Disturbingling cool.

The Prince = future genius

Isaac Family said...

Poor guy! Keep the pic for when he starts dating... that'd go over well! He's so dang precious. Even with the scary cap thing.

Moto X Mama said...

It looks like your giving Brody a perm and you just kept going all over his face, cute little baby perm rollers, that's what I thought when I saw the picture.

Anonymous said...

Doreen - Love your blog!! You are, in fact, funnier than me...
p.s. Take it from a medical professional - a lortab, 2 ding dongs and a coke IS medicinal...