Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympics

Like most of you, we have been watching the Olympics. Unlike most of you, Brandon and I are Armchair Olympians. An armchair Olympian is someone (us) that watches the Olympics with the remote control ready at a moments notice to rewind and critique all events. Here are a few examples:


GYMNASTICS...
"Oh, she is totally out of bounds, she should have practiced that more"
" Wow! is that all she can do? That routine on the uneven bars wasn't even as good as the other athletes, I bet that Campbakiscan wishes they would train their athletes from age 3 instead of age 5"
"Come on Nastya (I know that is not how to spell her name, but that is how I, a hick from Utah pronounces it) You were robbed, I bet if you and your dad would have just put in 33 more hours in the gym you could have gotten the gold. China robbed you! (being Nastya biggest fan, I am boycotting all Chinese food until the Olympics are over)

"Oh that little terd! (this is Brandon's pet nickname for Shawn Johnson, his favorite gymnast) She finally won a gold medal! I just knew that she would. I bet if the Chinese weren't cheating and their gymnasts weren't 9 she would have won all gold! GO LITTLE TERD!
Men's rings (someone fell) Holy Crap, I can't believe he just fell, he looks like he isn't even trying! He should have tried harder, what was he thinking?"


TRACK AND FIELD...
"Is that all they can do? 100 meters 9 seconds? huh, I bet he could have done better. (As I sit on my couch eating a bowl of Cheetos)
"Well, those Jamaicans have to run fast, they are always trying to be the first to the pier to beg for $ when the cruise ships pull into port. You know what they say, "No mon, No fun"
"Oh, she totally tripped on that hurdle. She should have just lifted her leg up 1 inch more. (I haven't lifted my leg up that high in my life!)


TRAMPOLINE (THE CURLING OF THE SUMMER OLYMPICS)...
"Only 4 sidewinder back flips? What is her problem? She just bounced an extra bounce, that will cost her"
"This chick is bouncing for hours, just get to the required height for your crazy spinning, flipping, 17 back flipping routine already! Crimeny!"


BMX...
"DO NOT LET OUR 7 YEAR OLD SEE THIS EVENT!"

BEACH VOLLEYBALL
"Why do they have to stop after 3 points and get a drink and wipe themselves down with a towel?"
"Can't they just play to 21 and then take a break?" (I say as I lay on the couch with a cold drink and a towel)

SWIMMING...
Why are the synchronized divers so off? haven't they practiced?" (yea, only for 4 years!)

Men's 4x4 medley: "HURRY!HURRY! HURRY! They are hardly even trying, They better not loose and make USA look bad, If Australia wins, I may have to boycott the OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE until after the OLYMPICS... GO USA! For the love of the bloomin onion, GO USA!
Michael Phelps: "12,000 calories a day, phffff! I have been doing that for years!"

8 comments:

Isaac Family said...

Actually, Phelps eats 14,000 a day. I just had chinese food- Chin Wah actually. It was really good AND I thought of you. It sure does miss ya. Bryan and I basically do the same thing as we lay in our comfy bed watching them.... Gotta love it!

Liz said...

Can I come watch the Olympics with you? It sounds much more entertaining!

Kim said...

I thought Phelps ate 8-10,000. That's really gross, by the way. They mentioned one day what he ate for breakfast and it was what a normal person would eat the entire day, plus some!

We've really enjoyed this year's olympics. And Josh has even gotten into the gymnastics. (When he first turned it on and I got excited, his response was "oh, dang - I was hoping I could change the channel before you saw what it was."

Adam and Melisa said...

Oh my gosh...can you believe that Michael Phelps signed to have himself put on a box of Frosted Flakes! Doesn't he know that all the little children are now going to want to eat that cereal...and it is so full of sugar!!!
Is jumping on a trampoline even a sport? It really stinks when you win a bronze medal only because 2 people stepping on the line while running and getting DQ'd! That's like the 2nd place of the losers...that stinks! And what's with the Jamaican getting his picture taken by the big marquee sign?....he seems very humble to me!

Anonymous said...

You are totally better than them. I still can't believe they kicked you off.

Anonymous said...

You are totally better than them. I still can't believe they kicked you off.

Anonymous said...

All I did was double click on "publish your comment", and apparently you only need one click. Sorry, feel free to delete!

Emily said...

I can't believe the olympics are over now! Thank you for writing this post so I can relive the olympics whenever I want. This blog is the best.