Monday, June 30, 2008

Staying Calm


My sweet sweet children, oh how I love them. they are so great. I just think that they are priceless. speaking of priceless, I have some very very nice shampoo and conditioner that is called CALM (real name). When I bought this shampoo and conditioner I was close to having the Prince and I thought that something I would need with 4 kids is some calm hair. I bought the shampoo and conditioner and let me tell ya, it was not cheap, but I figured if you were going to buy "calm" it would probably cost about this much ($8 per bottle, $16 if I didn't have my cosmetologist license) it smells great and it does make your hair calm.

Skip ahead 3 months...My lovely, lovely offspring are taking a bath, yea together, I am going "GREEN" and this is saving some water, whatever, I am just lazy and I figured it is hard for 3 kids to drowned if there wasn't room for them to lay down in the tub and maybe I could watch Deal or no deal with the Prince. So after some time goes by I am thinking that the kids are sure playing great, it is quiet and nobody has come out crying, heck, they haven't even come out. GREAT! my kids are finally doing something without me. NO, I start to smell my Calm shampoo, I am not feeling calm, I am feeling panicked, this shampoo cost me the equivalent of 2 gallons of milk. I go into the bathroom and low and behold my sweeties are having a bubble bath. A tub full of calming bubbles. The kids all looked calm, Bronson even has a "calm" bubble beard (looked great), Oakley has bubble gloves on and Bridger is trying to get all the bubbles on his chest like a big "calm" bubble shirt.

3 Words: I FREAKED OUT!! I know what your thinking, STAY CALM, STAY CALM, I couldn't, all I could think about was now my shampoo to conditioner ratio was off and I would have to start using a ton more conditioner so that the shampoo and conditioner would run out on or about the same day. My kids were like "What? All we wanted was a bubble bath, other moms let their kids have a bubble bath all the time and we can't even have 1 in the summer moan moan moan...") I am trying to stay calm, all that I can see is bubbles all over (I guess expensive shampoo makes great bubbles). So I get all the kids rinsed off, they all smelled really good by the way, and into their pajamas and they went to bed early that night.

I suppose when I get new shampoo I will look for the brand "no more freak outs" I am pretty sure that they sell it right next to the brands "no more tears" and "no more binge eating" If only they sold the brand "No more baby fat" I would buy that by the gallon.

8 comments:

Kent and Heidi said...

LOL- you're hilarious!! Honestly, how did we get to be sisters? You have more personality in your pinky finger than I have in my whole body, and trust me folks, it's a long body. I guess that is what I get, being the last of eight kids. By the time I came around they we fresh out of personality and gave me only thing they had left- legs. Apparently there were plenty of legs left over and I got them all. Doreen, I love your blog. It makes my day just reading it! Love ya

Bohn Family said...

I totally know what you are going through! I bought some shampoo and conditioner a year ago called Bumble Bee and the lady said great that will be $63.00 and I just said OK - shocked - didn't look at the price... so as I walked out of the store I looked for the price - which was NOT posted. Why I didn't say NO - anyways I am the sucker that kept it and I must say I LOVED it! Best hair I had my whole life but these small bottles were special I only used them on Special days and they lasted almost 6months until I found Briana doing a BUBBLE BATH with them... I didn't stay clam either :)It's always when my kids are quite that there is a problem! - geri

Emily said...

I guess you could let your kids have a calm conditioner bath to even it back out with the shampoo?

What do you buy if your hair needs to wake up a little? I wasn't born in Lehi, so my hair's a little tired.

Whitney said...

"Calming bubbles" and "I was NOT calm." So funny. Great story!

Isaac Family said...

Oh, the joys of expensive shampoo and conditioner! I HATE how expensive mine is and I'm about out of shampoo. So I know I'm gonna need to budget the $75 bucks it costs to get me through the next few months.... yup. $75- good thing Bry loves me! I so feel you and you CRACK me up!

The Queen Bee said...

I like how the picture on this post really shows the shampoo to conditioner ratio. Who needs words, I see that ratio, and everytime I get in the shower I'm stressed out trying to use twice as much conditioner. CALM my EYE!

Anonymous said...

F.Y.I - I tried "No more Freak-outs" and it totally does not work. What a rip off...

Liz said...

I did something like this to my mom when I was little- except instead of making a bubble bath, I used half of her bottle of good conditioner on my little brother's hair trying to get it to lather- it never did. I would have used the whole bottle but my mom walked in. She was afraid I was going to make his hair fall out, but it didn't.