Thursday, June 5, 2008

My first born BLOG


Announcing the arrival of Doreens Blog. After much poking and proding and my sister Julie coming to my house and helping (re-doing the entire thing for me) I have a blog. I seriously didn't think these things would catch on. Just like dvds or the internet or cell phones, I thought it was a fad and would go away, not so much. Hey, vanilla coke didn't last, who's to say anything will.

About me...I am a mom to 4 kids Bridger is 7 Oakley is 5 Bronson is 3 and the "Prince" Brody is 3 months, we don't like him the most he just hasn't ruined any of our stuff yet and his school teacher hasn't wanted to "talk" to us, his dance clothes didn't cost more than my wedding dress and he doesn't want to go on the $8,000.00 Nickelodeon cruise this summer. I have been married to Brandon almost 12 years and it just keeps getting better.

I know that you are thinking that this blog is not yet funny, and that is okay, I am saving my funny blogs for later.
TAGGED: (this is from my sister Julie, not the blog stalker but the blog starter. Thanks Jules)Random things about me that you really want to know or not who cares...

1-I am off coca cola, like a death in the family I had the Prince and lost the taste of it. I do think about it 4 or 11 times a hour but the taste is totally off for me and it is really like loosing a loved one. I miss you Cherry Coke, but I know I am better off without you. p.s. I am still fat I haven't lost weight, just a myth that pop makes you fat.

2-I want to be a stand up comedian when I grow up. I was watching Last Comic Standing last week and I asked Bridger if he thought that I could do that and he looked at me totally serious and said "your not that funny" I looked back at him and said "It's time for bed"

3-I don't worry about things, if it is meant to happen it will, if it happens fix it, if it doesn't happen don't worry about it.

4-I love to cook with butter I have a favorite cookie recipe, it takes 4 cubes of butter. I sleep with that recipe under m pillow it is that good.

5-I listen to talk radio in the car and I talk back to the person calling in. yea, I think that I am all knowing.
6-I am just like my dad. He hates to clean, I hate to clean, He likes to tease, I like to tease, He tells jokes, I tell jokes (in my head they are totally funny). I look like him, He looks like my dad enough said.
7-I LOVE Dryers peanut butter and chocolate ice cream THANKS JANA!! I have never locked my deep freeze until I brought that ice cream home. Heaven forbid someone breaks in and steals that. Take the dvd player people we all know that is just a fad leave my Dryers alone.

8-I love my car. really, it is almost 10 years old, and I love it. Are you listening Ford?

9-MY BED IS TOTALLY THE BEST!! it is a my comfort. If my house started on fire I would risk my life trying to get that thing out. The dryers would be fine as long as the Lehi Fire Dept. didn't find some spoons and the deep freeze key have mercy.
10-My favorite pair of pants right now is a pair of grey velour MATERNITY stretch pants like JLO'S only a little bigger. I have been glad it is cool weather lately so that I can wear these "one more time"

5 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

Doreen, I must say your first born blog was hillarious! I even snorted at one point, and it's not because it's 11 at night, us Eldredge's are just getting started. Kudos to you.

Hollie said...

Doreen, I am so glad you jumped on the Blog Wagon. It is so stinkin funny! Hey I thought those MP3 thingys would go out too. What do I know.
Love Ya, Hollie

Moto X Mama said...

It's about Damn time!!!

Isaac Family said...

You crack me up. I'm so happy you've joined the crowd and decided to be a blogger. I'm keepin my eye on you... xoxo

The Red Hen said...

Doreen,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. You crack me up every time. Don't fret - I don't think that the "blog thingy" will go out too fast. Keep the blogs coming!

You make me proud to be your sister!
Love,
Jana